Apply & Enroll
The SEIU UHW-West & Joint Employer Education Fund’s STEP Program has partnered with Coastline Community College Distance Education to provide accelerated online classes for eligible members.*
1. Apply to STEP Accelerated Online Program & Demonstrate Eligibility
Prospective students who wish to participate in the STEP Accelerated Online Program must be employed by an eligible employer and authorized by The SEIU-UHW Joint Employer Education Fund's STEP program . Eligibility is established by completing the following:
- Students must be accepted into the program by first applying at http://sgiz.mobi/s3/STEP-Online
- Within 10 business days, students will receive an email to confirm acceptance. If accepted, students will receive an acceptance letter and directions for next steps.
- STEP Accelerated Online Program Acceptance letters must be submitted to Coastline no later than 3 days prior to registration deadlines (as posted on the academic calendar).
Program Eligibility criteria can be found online at http://sgiz.mobi/s3/STEP-Online. Students will not be able to register for their accelerated online classes until their program acceptance letter has been received and processed by Coastline. Documents can be submitted by email to CorporateReg@coastline.edu.
2. Apply to Coastline
- Students who do not currently attend Coastline must apply for admission to Coastline Community College.
- Continuing students who are registered for the current or previous semester at Coastline Community College do not need to reapply. Registration appointments will automatically be issued to continuing students.
- When applying, select “Military or Corporate Education Programs” from the “Special Programs” box located on the Supplemental Questions page (page 9) of the online application to ensure that the application is forwarded to the Corporate Education Department.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for application processing.
3. Register for your classes
- Check the Academic Calendar for open registration periods.
- Log into MyCCC.
- Locate the "Registration Tools” Box.
- Begin on the "Registration" page.
- Click “Add or Drop Classes.”
- Select the Military/Contract Ed Term for the appropriate semester and click “Submit.”
- To add a class, follow the instructions at the top of the “Add or Drop Classes” page.IMPORTANT: Be sure to select courses with a location of “Coastline Community College Corporate Education (CCCCE) ONLINE.”
- After adding your classes, select “Finalize Add/Drop” and Exit the screen. Payment is based on your eligibility with SEIU/ UHW West Joint Employer Education Fund and will post to your account within 24 hours of registration.