Academic Planning

Transfer College Coursework

Coastline will accept transfer credit for courses successfully completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher education as documented on an official college transcript. Transfer courses will be reviewed for applicability to degree requirements and will be used as appropriate. Non-degree applicable courses (i.e. development math or English), will not be transferred.

Experiential Learning

Students may earn a maximum of 40 units through experiential learning, including American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST), and Advanced Placement towards degree requirements in similar subject areas. If you would like to pursue an Associate Degree or certificate with Coastline, your next step is to request your official Academic Plan - which outlines your path to degree completion

Certificate/Degree Students

3 Steps to Receive your Official Academic Plan:

  1. Enroll in a Coastline course
  2. Submit official college transcripts from every college attended, if applicable
  3. Complete the online Academic Plan Request Form

Upon completion of the above steps, an official Academic Plan will be prepared and emailed to the student within 6-8 weeks.

General Education/ Prerequisite Students

4 Steps to Receive your Unofficial Academic Plan:

  1. Obtain the digital file (unofficial) of the transcripts from the regionally accredited institutions you have previously attended
  2. Email the unofficial transcripts to and CC and on the request
  3. Indicate the desired program and college for which you are intending to transfer
  4. Please include your name, desired email address, and phone number in your communication

An unofficial Academic Plan will be prepared and emailed to the student within 5-7 days.

Degree Works

DegreeWorks is Coastline's online academic advisement tool that helps you:

  • Track progress toward completion of your associate degree
  • Confirm how your current courses apply to your graduation requirements
  • Determine how changing your major will affect your graduation date with the What-If feature*

Want to view your DegreeWorks Degree Audit?

Make sure you have completed all the steps above then follow the steps below:

  1. Log into MyCCC
  2. Select the My Education Plan link (on the left)
  3. Click on the DegreeWorks link
  4. Your degree audit will automatically load

Need help navigating DegreeWorks? Watch the DegreeWorks Tutorial.

Requesting Updates and Major Changes

DegreeWorks updates your degree audit automatically when you register for a new course, so you will always know what requirements you have fulfilled.

*With the DegreeWorks What-If feature, you can see how your coursework fits into other available majors. If you decide to pursue another major, please submit the Degree Progress Update Form, and your major will be updated in DegreeWorks and a new degree audit will be generated.

Note: Major change requests may affect your eligibility for financial aid. Please speak with your education office or Coastlineā€™s Financial Aid department for more information

Unofficial Evaluation

Certificate/Degree students may request an unofficial evaluation to help determine what classes to take in order to receive a Coastline certificate or degree

*To Receive your Unofficial Evaluation*:

Please email your unofficial college transcripts to and indicate your desired major. An unofficial evaluation will be prepared and emailed to you within 3-5 business days *The unofficial evaluation is subject to change upon receipt of official transcripts and review by an authorized counselor or evaluator.