Coastline College will be celebrating its 2020 graduates in a virtual ceremony. While the format of our commencement may be different, our enthusiasm for celebration has never been more inspired and we encourage you to join us.
Virtual Commencement will take place on Friday, May 29, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. We will stream our commencement featuring our graduating students that you and your family can view online:
The commencement program is available for family and friends to save.
Virtual Commencement FAQs
What is a Virtual Commencement?
A Virtual Commencement is a commencement that occurs online. It has many of the same components of a live ceremony including a presentation from the College President, distinguished faculty and administrators. During the ceremony, graduates who RSVP'd to participate in commencement will be recognized onscreen with a personal graduation slide
Who is Full Measure?
- Full Measure is the company we are working with to put together our virtual ceremony.
- If you have RSVP'd to participate in the Virtual Commencement, you will receive a text and/or email with instructions from Full Measure on how to submit your information for your personal graduation slide and information related to the ceremony by May 18.
- Note: There is a character limit of 140 or less for the quote or memorable experiences that you submit. Please make sure to submit your picture and quote to Full Measure by May 21st.
When is Virtual Commencement and where is it held?
- Virtual Commencement is Friday, May 29, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. We will stream our commencement featuring our graduating students that you and your family can view online on YouTube and Facebook Live. The link to view commencement will be available via the Graduation page of Coastline's ELD website.
Can I invite friends and family to watch the Virtual Commencement Ceremony?
- Absolutely! You have worked very hard to obtain your degree and/or certificate. Share the Virtual Commencement Ceremony with your family, your friends, and everyone that has supported your educational endeavors.
Will the Virtual Commencement also be available to watch after the ceremony?
Can I still purchase my cap and gown?
- The deadline to order has passed. Please be advised that academic regalia will not be needed for the ceremony.
Will in-person ceremony be offered to 2020 graduates?
- In addition to the virtual commencement, all 2020 graduates will be welcome to walk in the 2021 commencement ceremony.
Who is eligible to participate in Commencement?
- The deadline to participate in the 2020 Commencement has passed. However, all 2020 graduates are invited to participate in person in Spring 2021 in-person.
Do I need to participate in Commencement to graduate?
- No. If you choose not to take part in Commencement and meet academic requirements, you will receive your diploma in the mail in July.
Does participating in the Virtual Commencement Ceremony mean I cannot attend in the in-person ceremony later?
- You are welcome to do both. The Virtual Commencement is a way for the college and graduates to celebrate student achievements on schedule. Coastline also encourages you to participate in person in Spring 2021.
How will I receive my diploma?
- If the requirements of your degree and/or certificate are met, you will receive your diploma in the mail in July.
- The Virtual Commencement Ceremony is fully-ADA compliant to accommodate all our students, their loved ones, and our community members.
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
2019 Coastline College Commencement
2018 Coastline College Commencement Highlights